Halloween – Trick or Treating – COVID
Posted on Oct 31st, 2020
Dear Magnolia Walk HOA Members,
The CDC released safety guidelines discouraging Americans from participating in traditional trick-or-treating this year, as it could be one of the riskiest activities during the coronavirus pandemic. Infectious disease experts say the riskiest aspect of trick-or-treating is being in close contact with people who don’t live in your home.
Due to COVID restrictions if you do not want to have children trick or treating at your home please turn off your lights. Leave lights on if you will welcome children.
If you are okay with Children coming to your house please take precautions, here are some suggestions:
- Do not allow Children to reach into bowls for candy.
- Do not have Children go house to house in large groups, keep the groups down to 6 or less.
- Wear gloves to pass out treats.
- Wear a mask to pass out treats.
- Use tongs to pass out treats.
- Bag your treats up to pass out.
- Use a chute to pass out candy from a distance.
MW HOA Board of Directors